Friday 29 May 2015

Black high low dress - styled many ways

Hi my beautiful Readers,

This time I have a slightly different post. I was eyeing this simple black high low dress for a couple of months now. I finally could get hold of it last month and ordered it online. This dress being plain black can be styled in numerous ways and the high low hem is to die for. It is such a great piece for dressing down or dressing up.



It has a high neckline with short sleeve. This dress is snug on my shoulders and very loose on the body. I am not a fan of the high neckline and the length of the sleeves, but love the length of the tail. The material is polyester, it is a very sheer material and has to be worn with a slip inside. Except for the sheerness the material looks good.

This dress can be worn by itself, paired with bright leggings, can be accessorised and also can be dressed up for parties. I have tried to style it in three different ways.

1. Party Look




I dressed up the dress here with my favourite netted shrug. I have this shrug from a long time and I got it from a boutique in Pune. I love the ruffles it has on the edges and on the end of the sleeves. I feel like a princess when I wear it :) It can be tied in the front to keep it in place. I feel we need to have at least one fancy shrug like this to modify your sleeveless or any dull outfit.

The dress can be worn by itself without the stockings, but I feel comfortable with stockings.




I added a gold belt to make it more party appropriate.





I wore my gold studded wedge sneakers with the dress. The dress itself with its flowy hemline and the shrug was very feminine, I wanted to give it some edgy look with the sneakers. I love such rugged looking sneakers with ultra girly outfits, it somehow balances the whole look. I am anyways, not an all pink girly kinda girl. So this would be my style :)




I wore this chunky bracelet along with a stack of gold rings.



I added this beautiful black stoned earrings from H&M. I had my hair twisted into a side pony and I have a bright pink lipstick on my lips from the brand Flormar.

2. Casual Look




This would be my favourite look and I will be wearing the dress this way more often. I have added simple accessories to the dress to make it more form fitting and look graceful.




I added a layer of simple necklaces and skipped any earrings.



To add shape to the dress a belt is a must. I wore the belt at the tiniest part of my waist to give an illusion of tinier waist. This belt came along with another dress, I wear this belt with many different dresses :) It has a braid of black and gold strings and tassels at the end. It works well when you need to wear a belt with a dress and yet want a feminine look to the dress.




I wore a stack of gold rings and had a half hair updo. Go subtle on the makeup and you can have an everyday look with this dress.



Here I am wearing these suede wedged boots. These plain black boots when worn with black bottoms give an illusion of longer legs. They are super comfortable to walk in.




We can play with this look a lot by changing the accessories. Like we can add a leopard print belt and leopard print shoes, can add a tan belt and boots and so many other options can be thought of.

3. As a top




This is the dress in its simplest form. It has no shape of its own and is quite loose on me. I paired it with black jeggings.



To dress it up I am wearing this heavy necklace I bought from Thailand. I just love this piece, it can dress up any outfit by itself. Because it is so heavy on the design, the pairing can be tricky. But anything will go with a black plain dress :)






Just to add some color and not to make the look very boring, I added these cobalt blue high platform sandals. This is in trend now and I had never liked them, but when I saw them in my favourite bright blue color I had to get them. They are not very comfortable to walk in, I have tripped so many times and I have to still get used to wearing them. Once we get comfortable with them, they would be a great alternative to painful heels.




I wore my hair in a pony and wore dark maroon lipstick.

Outfit details

High low dress - Online.

You can get the same dress here and here

Outfit 1:

Shrug - Fashion boutique, FC road, Pune
Shoes - Ken
Bracelet - Six
Earrings - H&M
Lipstick - Flormar
Stacked rings - Primark
Belt - FC road, Pune

Outfit 2:

Boots - Primark
Belt - from another dress
Stack of chains - Primark

Outfit 3:

Necklace - Bangkok, Thailand
Platform Sandals - Primark
Lipstick - Colorbar in shade Passion.

I hope you all liked the ways I paired this simple dress. I would like to know which one was your favourite. And also if you have other ideas in which this dress can be paired please let me know in the comments :)

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment